Welcome to B&B Alsemkruidje, a recently renovated farmhouse, located in rural Mater, part of the city of Oudenaarde.
We opened our B&B in March 2019. We have 2 modern and comfortable rooms available for our guests : a double room (max. 2 persons) and a family room (max. 4 persons). The family room consists of 2 separate bedrooms, each with double bed.
The name "Alsemkruidje" (Dutch for "wormwood") refers to one of the numerous herbs which can be found in nature : as herbalist we are fascinated by all useful applications of herbs in general, and of wormwood in particular.
Wormwood is a grey-green herb, with a pronounced and bitter taste. In the past it has been used as a remedy for a number of annoying ailments, and … as a base ingrediënt of absinth alcohol, thé beverage of choice of a number of famous painters, such as Van Gogh, Picasso and Oliva. Which is also how we called the 3 rooms in our B&B.
Family room :
- 2 separate bedrooms Van Gogh and Oliva
- located in the outbuildings, on the second-floor
- a separate, dedicated entry, apart from the main entry
Double room :
- bedroom Picasso
- situated in the main building, on the second-floor
We offer a full breakfast :
- different kinds of sandwiches, bread and pastries
- various types of cheese, meat filling, scrambled or fried eggs, with or without bacon, ...
- homemade jam with fruit from our own orchard
- fruit salads, fresh juice, yoghurt, granola
- coffee or tea
On demand, we make use of dietary products, such as gluten-free or lactose free products, or products with bio label, …
B&B Alsemkruidje is ideally located as a starting point for walks and bike rides, to discover the Flemish Ardennes : the numerous gradients, steep slopes, and water mills or wind mills.
We offer you a warm welcome in our B&B with a bittersweet, absinth drink on ice, or with a tasteful glass of beer from the local brewers.